Tuesday, April 22, 2008

7:26 am


Three days last week, my eyes popped open to the warmth of the rising sun. I really wasn't the happiest person to be woken up. I groggily opened my eyes, rolled over and checked my phone to see if it was even remotely time for me to actually have to get up. No. Not once was it. My husband, however, was already wide awake. He, I'm sure, was not woken by the sun. He's just perky like that. It was 7:26 am. His body just naturally tells him it's time to be awake. He was more awake and wanting to have conversation on those days. My mind doesn't work like that. My mind has a great desire to wake up on it's own, and if it wakes up well enough, then it will initiate my brain to converse. Is that selfish of me??

1 comment:

glo said...

Uhm...uhm...what to say...this is so...uhm....hard...well, I'll go with:

Nope. Not selfish. Morning is best savored when it comes at you a little unexpectedly. Or with chocolate.